About Me

My photo
I'm Alison, a thirty-something, married, mother of two girls, with a passion for animals of all kinds. My family adopted our goofy, lovable dog {Charlie} from a local shelter. It breaks my heart to know there are countless animals out there being mistreated {to say the least} and I would love more than anything to help even one animal find a loving forever home. Think adoption first. Find a local animal shelter or animal rescue... don't buy your next pet... rescue him/her!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Transfer Day!

Tuesday, May 1st was the day we had been waiting for...transfer day!  Dh and I drove the 3 hours to the hotel, right down the street from TFI, on Monday.  We got checked in and brought our things to our room, then met up with J&T.  We were all so excited that this was finally happening!  We spent the late afternoon walking around a nearby mall, then went to dinner, and finally returned to the hotel for some rest.  The next morning we all drove together to TFI and anxiously waited to be called in to the procedure room.  When they finally called my name, they had us all come back- we dropped J&T off in a conference area to discuss the embryos testing results and the doctor's recommendations for transfer; and DH and I proceeded to the room to get ready for transfer.  What seemed like an hour went by (it was probably 10 minutes) and J&T came in the room.  There were only 2 embryos left after testing... and they were 2 girls.  So, that was that, the 2 girls were going in.  They both looked fantastic, according to the doctor, so we were still doing good.  It was a little humorous to me, since I had carried twin girls my last surrogacy journey- and I was expecting to carry a boy at some point (since I also have 2 daughters, myself) but, what can I say- I am a baby girl machine.  ; )  The transfer went as planned, and I was wheeled out of the procedure room and down to the car.  Oh, with one quick pit stop to open a gift from my IPs in the lobby...a deep pink MK handbag.  How sweet are they?!  I absolutely love it.  They said it must have been meant to be that they chose the pink bag, and we ended up with only female embryos!  We all went back to the hotel and talked for a while, then J&T had to head home.  J&T had gotten our hotel room for the night after transfer as well, so DH and I were able to relax, get some take out and stay there until the next morning- which was recommended after transfer.  Taking it easy and letting those embryos settle in is my job for the next 2 days or so, then still no heavy lifting or too much activity until at least after the pregnancy test in 2 weeks. Now that the transfer has come and gone we are on to our next stage of the waiting game!  The dreaded 2 week wait to find out if we are pregnant or not.  We'll see how long I make it before I start taking home tests...